Welcome to the Fix-It Club! We want to help you discover the fun and the function of fixing things around your home — from air conditioners to zippers! We offer Ten Good Reasons to fix or recycle things that break. Then we give you more than 250 Fix-It Guides with illustrated steps to guide you in troubleshooting and repairing or recycling anything around your home and household. Here’s how you can get started right now:
- Click on the Fix-It Basics link on the left and take a look at the Fix-It Guides that will show you how to fix anything. You’ll learn how to use basic tools to test and repair things around your home. The Parts & Components category will help you figure out how to identify and find replacement parts.
- Go to the Categories list on the left, and select the type of item you want to repair.
- Use the search boxes to find a Fix-It Guide that covers the thing you want to fix. Each Fix-It Guide will answer the questions:
- How does it work?
- What can go wrong with it??
- How can I identify the problem?
- What parts, materials, and tools do I need for repair?
- What are the steps to repairing it?
There are illustrated steps for many of the primary fixes that most consumers will be comfortable with — and some Fix-It Tips and Cautions.
Want to save some time? Use the Search box on the top of each page and at the end of all Fix-It Guides to search for specific things on FixItClub.com or on the web. Or peruse the list of over 175 Fix-It Guides, below. It’s easy!
Finally, please use the many Repair Resources you’ll find on our website. Their ads support our efforts — and help you find what you’re looking for. For additional resources, please visit the Fix-It Book Club.
That’s it! You are now a member of the Fix-It Club. Please use and share our website. Thank you.
–Dan “The Fix-It Man” Ramsey